IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
The Legal Services Network from Allstate is offered by Signature Agency, Inc., in association with AARP and AARP Services, Inc. ("AARP Services"). This Website is owned and operated by Signature Agency, Inc operated primarily for the benefit of AARP members.
This Privacy Notice is designed to provide information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information we gather when you visit this website.
Note for Attorneys: This Privacy Notice governs the use of nonpublic personal information ("NPI") for AARP members and other individuals who visit this website. It does not apply to attorneys who request information, apply for a listing, or are listed on this website. Our policies and practices for Listed Attorneys are governed by the terms of the Legal Services Network Attorney Listing Agreement.
Our Privacy Promise
At the Legal Services Network, we value your trust. We recognize that your information is important to you and we treat nonpublic personal information ("NPI") that identifies you with respect. We also value NPI as an important tool to enable us to serve you. Therefore, we promise to follow these general principles:
- We will not share NPI with others for marketing purposes. More specifically, we will not sell, rent, or license NPI to any third party and will not disclose NPI to any party other than AARP, AARP Services, and those we retain to provide services to run the Legal Services Network, except as otherwise stated below.
- We will require any service provider to whom we disclose NPI to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Notice and will strictly limit their use of NPI to provide the services for which we retain them.
- We will maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect NPI.
- We will comply with the requirements of U.S. federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the Legal Services Network and our use and protection of NPI. If required, we may provide you a separate notice of those requirements.
Please read on for more details. This Privacy Notice includes examples of the types of NPI we may collect and with whom we may share NPI. These examples are intended as illustrations, only, and may not be a complete list of our information collection and sharing practices; however, we will not collect or share information in a way that conflicts with Our Privacy Promise. In this Privacy Notice, the terms "you" and "your" refer to an individual; the terms "company" and "companies" may include individuals.
Collecting and Using Information
Information from AARP
We may obtain NPI from AARP and AARP Services to enable us to provide you with information about the Legal Services Network. This information may include your name, address, telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), and your AARP membership number.
Information from You
We may obtain information directly from you in any communication you send to us, either through the "Contact Us" section of this website or by any other means. This information may include your name, e-mail address, and any other information we may need to respond to you and address your inquiry. We will use this information to respond to your requests and provide you with information about the Legal Services Network.
Information from Listed Attorneys
We may obtain information from Listed Attorneys. This information may include your name, contact information, and the type of legal service you contacted them about. We will use this information solely for quality assurance and to manage and improve the Legal Services Network. We will not collect, use, or disclose any information that relates directly to the services any Listed Attorney provides for you that is subject to attorney-client privilege unless you expressly ask or authorize us to.
Information from Other Sources
We may occasionally obtain information from other sources that maintain information about you, including public directories, other companies, data management companies, and our own records. This information may include your name, address, telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), transaction history, and other personal characteristics. We will use this information to contact you (with appropriate authorization) and to develop products and services we think may interest you.
Disclosures to AARP
Disclosures to Listed Attorneys
We may disclose NPI we collect to Listed Attorneys with your specific authorization. This information will be limited, however, to information a Listed Attorney needs to respond to your request for information, like your name and e-mail address. We will disclose other NPI to Listed Attorneys only with your specific authorization.
Disclosures to Service Providers
We may disclose any NPI we collect to third parties that provide services for us to enable us to better serve you. The services they provide for us may include:
- Administrative and customer support
- Printing and delivering documents
- Database management
- Protecting against fraud
We will require these service providers to use the NPI we disclose to them only as necessary to provide the services for which we retain them and will prohibit them from using the NPI for their own benefit. Any NPI sharing will be consistent with Our Privacy Promise, described above.
Other Disclosures Permitted by Law
We may disclose NPI we collect to other parties as permitted or required to comply with applicable laws. These parties may include law enforcement and government regulatory agencies.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural protections that are consistent with applicable business standards to protect and prevent unauthorized access to NPI. We restrict access to NPI to our employees and others for lawful business purposes to assist in serving you. Our employees who violate our Privacy Notice and security standards are subject to disciplinary action.
In addition to the information outlined above, the following principles apply specifically to our website:
- Navigation information: You can visit us on the Internet without telling us who you are or revealing any personal identifying information about yourself. We can, however, gather non-identifying information that assists us in monitoring the use and performance of our website and develop ways to make it easier to use. This information can include the number of visits to the website, the time each visitor spends on the site, and the source through which each visitor accesses the site.
- e-Mail: We may occasionally send you e-mail communications. These e-mail messages may include information about the Legal Services Network or other products we believe may interest you. We will only send you information by e-mail if you have expressly consented to receiving information through this method. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Encryption: We use encryption and authentication tools to protect information we gather on our website. e-Mail communications outside our website, however, may not be secure and can sometimes be intercepted by third parties. If you are sending us information you wish to keep confidential, you may prefer to call us or send it to us through a more secure method.
- Children: The Legal Services Network is not intended for children. We do not intentionally promote our services to children or knowingly solicit or gather information from children, either on our website or otherwise.
The practices and policies contained in this Privacy Notice apply only to the Legal Services Network from Allstate and Signature Agency, Inc. This Privacy Notice does not apply to your relationship with any other service or organization, including AARP and AARP Services and all other companies. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to understand how they collect, use, and disclose your information.
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous notices and statements regarding the practices and policies of the Legal Services Network.
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice. We will always post our current Privacy Notice on our website.
This Privacy Notice applies to United States residents, only.